Spring is around the corner, so it’s time to make some bunting. A string of brightly coloured triangles hanging out in the sunshine can brighten up the smallest of outdoor spaces. What you need to make bunting:
- Cardboard Template cut out a triangle to the size you require
- Fabrics of your choice
- Tailors Chalk for marking out your triangles
- Sewing machine
- Using your template place on a piece of fabric and using tailoring chalk draw around the template. Mark out the triangles onto the fabric, making sure you place the template close to the last marked piece of fabric to get as many triangles as you can.
- Pin each triangle (right sides together) to another and sew along the two sides leaving the top flat side opened. Now turn inside out and iron flat. When you have sewn and turned out all your triangles pin and stitch onto cotton tape or ribbon, which has been folded in half lengthwise leaving an equal gap in between each triangle now fold and overlap the edge over the fabric.
- Stitch along the ribbon making sure you sew through the two sides of fabric and the two sides of ribbon/tape.
- Cut off all the cotton thread ends and admire your own bunting.
- Find a space and hang it up. Now get the party started.
- If you do not want to do this yourself see our on-line shop where you can buy any length of double sided bunting in many colours and patterns.